Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day....in the hospital....

I didnt really envision us in the hospital on Mother's Day. This being the first Mom's Day that my kiddos can really understand what the day is about. But its okay nonetheless. No gifts, but havent I already recieved my gifts? My gifts are my 2 wonderful daughters. Alexandra, my oldest baby, my complicated one. Aria, my forever baby, my lively one. What would I be without you? Not much. Yes, I was someone before I became a Mother. But now I am so much more. My children have taught me many priceless lessons. I never in my life thought I would have a child that needs constant medical attention. It just never crossed my mind, but does that ever cross anyones mind when they find out theyre pregnant? I didnt look up at God and say "HEY! Give me a kiddo with a heart defect!". Hell, I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy. But obviously God saw enough in me to give me Alexandra. Then he blessed me with the delight that is my Aria. So much spunk and energy. If I could bottle her energy and sell it, Id be a millionaire. She is full of life, and love. God brought Aria to us not only for me, but for Alexandra, for her forever friend. I am so very proud of my daughters.

Now, Im not perfect, and I have days when I want to get in the car, drive away and never come back. Kids can do that to you. I wouldnt say that everything is a-okay, cause its not. But Im learning to roll with the punches. Doesnt mean Im not going to shake my fist at the world and cuss. Cause well, thats me. I swear. Doesnt mean Im going to hell.

This is my life, and other than having more money.....I wouldnt have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment