Friday, July 22, 2016

I can't write - and that's okay

I can't write. I can't write.

As someone who writes to release emotion - this is a very daunting realization.

I can't write because I can't tell the truth. I can't tell the truth because the truth will bring me to be judged - and judged unfairly so.

So I can't write about the darker side of life right now. I cannot reach that place deep inside of me that lives inside the dark.

My Husband and I are closer than ever. It's amazing. We got back to that team and partnership we used to be.

My girls are growing up. I see it on their faces. I hear it in their voices. My greatest achievement will always be them.

I can't write because I feel unfairly judged by a society that only accepts one truth.

I feel like I cannot say my opinion because it is not the same as those whom I deem some of my best friends - and because of that they unfairly judge me.

I want the truth told. I want us all to be free. I want us all to be safe. I want us to live with peace. I want us to all support one another.

But the truth cannot be told. Because I can't write it right now.

I can't write. Because I am not the same. And I feel unfairly judged for it. Judged by those who desire so much to not be judged.

I am tolerant. I am understanding. I am caring. But I will always use the common sense my parents instilled in me.

There is always two sides to every story. But our inability to listen to each other's sides without judgement is far from happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment